Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Sunday 24 June 2012

70 miles through upstate new York to Syracuse

We had a later start today as we had only 70 miles to complete.

The terrain was much like yesterday with rolling hills and plenty of small towns.

We crossed the Erie canal, details below.

The Erie Canal is a waterway in New York that travels about 363 miles (584 km) from Albany, New York, on the Hudson River to Buffalo, New York, at Lake Erie, completing a navigable water route from the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes. The canal contains 36 locks and encompasses a total elevation differential of approximately 565 ft. (169 m). First proposed in 1807, it was under construction from 1817 to 1825 and officially opened[1] on October 26, 1825.




-Like our canals it is now used for leisure boating.

There is definitely a feeling that the end of the ride is approaching with only 4 full riding days left. Everyone is focused on staying safe and well to get to the end.

I felt a noise on the bike when climbing hills today and when I got to the hotel noticed the chain was about to come apart. Fortunately the team had a spare.

Photo is not very good.



I do carry spare links however a new chain is now fitted.

Two of our riders live very close to here so we had a number of supporters at the side of the road, which was really nice.

Just checked my MS site and it is standing at £4,507, Heather has £60 people have given her and still some to come from people who have promised an amount when I finish. So pleased with people's support and contributions.

Off to search for some beer!

using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:7th N St,Liverpool,United States

No comments: