Welcome to my blog. I plan to do occasional posts before I set off and then every
few days on the trip.
On May 12th 2012 I will be dipping the rear wheel of my bike
into the Pacific Ocean
in Los Angeles and heading for the Atlantic in Boston.
I am funding the trip myself, however I am seeking sponsorship for The Multiple Sclerosis
Society. Please consider supporting my sponsorship by clicking on the "Sponsor me " link.
Note all of your donation will be going to the Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I am looking forward to this great challenge and hope you find my blog of interest.
Please enter your email details on the right to receive updates. Thanks

Wednesday 20 June 2012

89 miles heading for a rest day in Erie Pennsylvania

A great holiday inn hotel last night. Beer 25cents a glass! Easily pleased after a long ride.

A steady hot ride into Erie passing some vineyards.

Our early lunch stop was at a root beer stand. We ordered the local specials, a root beer float and a turkey sandwich.



-









Temperatures in the high 90's and quite humid.

Erie is a good sized town and we are at a great hotel on the lake front.

View from the room





Quick shower and then found a beer called Wicked Anthony so had to have one.




The plan tonight is to go to a minor league baseball game.

Tomorrow will be washing, bike maintenance and sight seeing.








Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:W Dobbins Landing,Erie,United States

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Tony,
Thought I would leave you another comment!! :D
Love reading your updates. Enjoy the sightseeing today! :D
Supporting you all the way! :) Thinking of you
Lots of Love, Gemma x